Kugnae
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zyrus's Business Tip Volume 3: Making money on margins.

4 posters

Go down

Zyrus's Business Tip Volume 3: Making money on margins. Empty Zyrus's Business Tip Volume 3: Making money on margins.

Post  Zyrus Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:54 am

Hello again. Your friendly neighborhood merchant here...Zyrus!!! Ok todays tip invloves math (and you thought school was out). Ok how do I decide what to buy and at what price and when to buy it?

1. First, i go shopping in dunbarten Ch 1 and 2 everyday. I look at the local prices and get an idea for what things sell for.
2. I go back to shops later before I log out to see what has sold or what hasn't sold. (This is my routine).
3. Any items I like I note down and run this equation: Item x #of items X.75% X(average retail price in shops)-10%-8k. If this number = good profit then Ill buy it. If its not good then I leave it. Here is the breakdown of why I use this. If you buy multiple items only bank on 75% selling. When you price your items you want to be 10% less than everyone else so that you sell yours faster(and get more repeat customers). You subtract the cost of the shop 4k for license and 4k for brownie. If this all works out its a good buy.

Example: Yesterday I got a hot tip from Vanya. She said that fixed dyes were selling for 15k in Filia. After already doing my homework I new that fixed dyes were selling for 32-45k in dunbarten. There were 41 for sale in Filia. I immediately bought them all up for 615k. Then wen to dunbarten channel 1 and placed them on sale for 28k (15% less that lowest other shop). I sold 20 of them within an hour and 30 of them total in 4 hours for 840k, a 217k profit...and I still have 11 of them left to sell another day. What will i do with that money...I'lll reinvest it in something else and make more. its called a snowball effect.

(41 X.75%)(32k)-10%-8k = $877.6k > $615

Now when you first start you wont have enough money for this but within a week fo smart merching, 1 mil in a week is attainable from merching. (more if you do some other tricks).

Add other good tips!!

Zyrus

Zyrus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Zyrus's Business Tip Volume 3: Making money on margins. Empty Re: Zyrus's Business Tip Volume 3: Making money on margins.

Post  dlwguwlstkfka Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:17 pm

Zyrus wrote:Hello again. Your friendly neighborhood merchant here...Zyrus!!! Ok todays tip invloves math (and you thought school was out). Ok how do I decide what to buy and at what price and when to buy it?

1. First, i go shopping in dunbarten Ch 1 and 2 everyday. I look at the local prices and get an idea for what things sell for.
2. I go back to shops later before I log out to see what has sold or what hasn't sold. (This is my routine).
3. Any items I like I note down and run this equation: Item x #of items X.75% X(average retail price in shops)-10%-8k. If this number = good profit then Ill buy it. If its not good then I leave it. Here is the breakdown of why I use this. If you buy multiple items only bank on 75% selling. When you price your items you want to be 10% less than everyone else so that you sell yours faster(and get more repeat customers). You subtract the cost of the shop 4k for license and 4k for brownie. If this all works out its a good buy.

Example: Yesterday I got a hot tip from Vanya. She said that fixed dyes were selling for 15k in Filia. After already doing my homework I new that fixed dyes were selling for 32-45k in dunbarten. There were 41 for sale in Filia. I immediately bought them all up for 615k. Then wen to dunbarten channel 1 and placed them on sale for 28k (15% less that lowest other shop). I sold 20 of them within an hour and 30 of them total in 4 hours for 840k, a 217k profit...and I still have 11 of them left to sell another day. What will i do with that money...I'lll reinvest it in something else and make more. its called a snowball effect.

(41 X.75%)(32k)-10%-8k = $877.6k > $615

Now when you first start you wont have enough money for this but within a week fo smart merching, 1 mil in a week is attainable from merching. (more if you do some other tricks).

Add other good tips!!

Zyrus

I hate doing math =_=

dlwguwlstkfka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Zyrus's Business Tip Volume 3: Making money on margins. Empty Re: Zyrus's Business Tip Volume 3: Making money on margins.

Post  CrUsH Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:56 pm

My head hurts. :O

I kinda do the same thing every so often but its more automatic. I dun use a calculator or anything.

CrUsH

Back to top Go down

Post  Oujii Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:56 pm

Very business like of you Zyrus. I'm impressed. Maybe you should think about becoming a CEO or something in the future lol.
Oujii
Oujii

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down